Tuesday 31 March 2020

Video-Conferencing / Remote Working Is 'Old Hat' For EquitableLaw.com

At the risk of ‘Dan Spamming’ you (even more than usual) – I thought that I’d share the following from the ‘Home’ page of my firm’s website:-

Equitable Law has always been a ‘remote-first’ law practice, and we should be able to assist you (during the Covid-19 outbreak) without the need for us to physically meet – using our highly developed cloud-based communications and business facilities (available via):-      

Request To Schedule A Conversation

Low/No-Cost Conferencing (+) Facilities

As some of you know – My 'contact book' has (for over a decade) included various branches of the U.S. Federal Government - broadly associated with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, GA.

The reward for (frankly) having contact with potentially rather dangerous people to know – Is that I’ve always been comfortable of being able to call upon the U.S. Army / Veterans Administration to send a ‘Black Hawk with wheels’ to my front door, and whisk me off to a U.S. military hospital - because (heck forbid) I’d contracted SARS or Ebola as part of this association (= There is still a possible ‘trip in an ambulance’ by virtue of my current Covid-19 symptoms - but I’m desperately seeking to avoid the same - for multiple reasons, that I’m sure you can understand!)

That’s why I built my business as ‘remote-first’ from its earliest days – So I could work from anywhere around the world without interruption for my firm's clients (who often never know where I actually am - upon any given date)

The relevant red text upon my business' website’s home page (www.EquitableLaw.com) directs to the same links as the grey boxes in all of my emails.

Don’t click upon the Red or Blue Text upon my firm's conferencing page – Unless you want to be directly connected to me (= I’ve seen far too many of my clients in their bathrobes / PJs over the last few days!)

The Red Text referencing my Skype address actually links to:- https://whereby.com/danrjohnson 

It’s a free, operating in a browser (no software download), easy to use - but fully functional - web-conferencing system – as used by online pharmacies, the NHS in the UK and various developing economies' health and other public services (as they are often still running Windows XP (!) and not able to download any software to their PCs).  There is an app. for smartphones.

My ‘contacts’ in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta (and in the US Military) – swear by it.

I will use Zoom (if requested to do so) – and occasionally opt to do so - because it allows me to impose a  personalised background – which I use to hide Mar-a-Lago and the palm trees (that you can see out of the window behind me) when I’m in Palm Beach.

Please feel free to use any of my business' 'Com.Tech' to seek to reach me in these troubled times.

I AM presently in London (but close to Heathrow - with my 'TUMI' packed / 'Shoulder Slung Office' = ready to go!)

With Best Regards

Dan.Johnson@EquitableLaw.com

Founding Principal & Business Law Solicitor (British Lawyer)

+44 (0) 7788 537 187 : U.K. Cellular (& e-Telephone)

www.EquitableLaw.London - Solicitors For Business

No comments:

Post a Comment