Saturday 12 October 2019

A Lawyer Writes To One Of Their Service Providers . . .

Dear [Redacted],

By way of (belated) confirmation of our conversation of last month – I confirm that my firm’s cash-flow is expecting NOT to include any payments to [your employer] for period(s) after 1st November 2019 (by virtue of the termination of my firm’s subscription to the [relevant] service - by reference to / after the relevant date).

This is NOT in any way a reflection of your personal performance – but rather, the sad (for [your employer]) result of your employer’s (frankly) greed (as rather arrogantly communicated to me by automatic systems).

As a working private practice lawyer, I have to habitually ensure that I am not ‘priced out of my market’ - by virtue of a small claimed fee leading to my potentially losing many multiples of such sum over years to come.

The analogy for your employer is that an attempt to gain an additional GBP £x00 in one year – has led to their losing an established multiple-year client, who has historically been prepared to pay GBP £x,000 p.a.

I hope that it is a useful lesson for both of our businesses . . .

With best wishes for your working week

Regards

Dan.Johnson@EquitableLaw.com

+44 (0) 7788 537 187 = U.K. Cell. (& e-Tel.)

www.EquitableLaw.com


No comments:

Post a Comment